Windows 8 Repaired Partitions,Now Can't Activate Windows 7 "unsupported partition"

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by aireca, Dec 17, 2012.

1. aireca

aireca MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    #1 aireca, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    I had Dual boot on one pc: Windows 7 Ultimate activated with "Windows loader" and Windows 8 Pro with "KMS + WMC Key", all Ok like on 1 Month.

Something went wrong on the system and after Reboot i get the Disk Repair Dialog on Windows 8.

Windows 8 repaired the partitions correctly but now when i returned to Windows 7 i get the "This copy of windows is not Genuine" & tried Windows loader again but I can't activate, i get the "unsupported partition table" message on Windows Loader, so i suspect win 8 transformed my windows 7 partition to GPT or is hidden or something like that

I don't have access to that computer right now but please give me some ideas on what to do

Thanks in advance

Edit: Was something easy, The Boot partition was hidden, just remounted it and all OK again, thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

2. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna MDL Junior Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Check if it is possible to modify your bios with SLIC 2.1 and then use an oem activator with bios option.

3. aireca

aireca MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    Thanks, i think Flashing will be my last resource, i also know that i can just reformat the drive, but is a SSD and i think that will be kinda bad too.

i have other drives, if i just move the boot to other drive will not work Windows Loader correctly again?

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Re-run the loader with admin privileges as usual, go in advanced mode, try to unchecked legacy mode. It has been w while since I used Daz L .

5. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    you would not be able to boot Win7 if the partition converted to GPT.. or even the content of the partition ever exist :D

6. aireca

aireca MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    #6 aireca, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    (OP)
    The thing is that the partition disappeared one time, after a second "repair" the partition returned intact, but without access to the WL patching, it's a freaky situation :D i don't know what the hell is going on

Besides the GPT thing what can cause the "unsupported partition table" message? bios doesn't have any protection, they're old gigabyte bios

It's like the win7 partition changed to a "OEM" state or something :(

7. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Check permissions on win 7 drive. Win 8 mush have changed those & owner must be win 8 account..

8. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Hes Problem is W7 Activation with Windows Loader, it doesn't matter jack-**** if he screwed something up with W8, that belongs in the Support thread of the Windows Loader.
    Seriously ... :wallbash: the Loader Support Forum is there to be used, not to ignore it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. aireca

aireca MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    It's the police!!, RUN!!!!

Well it's dual boot

You're kinda right, but my Problem is that Windows 8 Deactivated Windows 7 & now my goal is to have both activated again, should i have posted in Windows 7 forum, maybe?, whatever....

11. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010