Windows 8 Scheduler totaly screwed up, opens 'open with' dialog menu...how to fix?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by RankoJ, May 1, 2014.

1. RankoJ

RankoJ MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2014
    More than one issue here:

1. Those dumb s**ts at microsoft removing 'display a message' feature; why bother, it cant take up much space.

Anyhow I actually didnt use that before i just set a scheduled task for opening notepad but even thats f'd up now!

In XP I would tell it to open up a notepad but now in windows 8 for some reason when i run the task it only opens up the 'open with' dialog and not the notepad.

I looked online and there was one post i found with the same issue. I was trying to follow their suggestions but didnt get any further.

So any fix for the open dialog issue or another workaround? Id prefer not have to have a 3rd party program open all the time. I tried a cpl and neither did what i want anyhow since i want it to open a reminder then re-remind me every 15-30 mins (i often get sidetracked and forget otherwise :p) whereas those 3rd party ones were only letting it do once per day.

I just want the simple functionality of the old way i did it in XP back :(.

2. RankoJ

RankoJ MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2014
    thanks for all the helpful comments.

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    You're welcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...