Windows 8 Screen Flashing, Help

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Al_Jourgensen, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello community

I encounter an issue, i left my notebook on, because i was downloading something, and this morning, when i get back to it, and touch it, the screen start flashing, turning on and off, i was seeing windows, running ok, but the flashes wont stop, i had to put the system down, and reboot, and everything was normal again.

Do you know anything about this happening?

P.S. - i recently installed a new beta version of Nvidia drivers, i don´t know if it was because of that.

thank you again, for your patience

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm not sure if it has to do with beta drivers. It could be.
    You might want to uninstall them and use the Windows Update drivers if it happens again.

3. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2013
    ok my friend, thank you for the fast answer, i´m going to do that

i have the issue, that Oficial nvidia drivers, when i try to install them, they say my nvidia board is not found.....a bug........then in laptop2go, i download, there version, of the official drive, and it worked...so i contact Nvidia, talking about this, and they give me a Beta version.
    But this Beta version i installed,it´s the one that i got now, i download it from softpidea......but ok, i´m going to pass to the ones in laptop2go, and see if this happens again.

i will give feed, about this

thank you very much for your attention ;)

4. eydee

eydee Guest

Actually when using laptops, you're supposed to use the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer. Not the drivers from AMD, nvidia or Windows Update.

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Most laptop manufacturers don't support windows upgrading, but since this is win8.1 that ms is pushing for free upgrading they might change their tune.
    He is right in that the OEM drivers would be the ones most suited to run on your system over a generic driver.

6. eydee

eydee Guest

Well, yes. I should have said, people are supposed to use supported operating systems on laptops only. No OEM driver -> no support -> stick to what is supported and request official support from the manufacturer.