Windows 8 slipstreaming language pack

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by qofbored, Feb 22, 2013.

1. qofbored

qofbored MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Hi,

I would like to add components to my Windows 8 installation USB stick, such as a specific language pack. But also other usable Windows components, updates or executing batch commands. The main idea is to do as much of the installation-related routine automatically, and also to save time by installing from file instead of downloading each time.

So my two questions are:
    1) What is the cleanest way to introduce content to the installation files?
    2) Is it possible to make an automated check for the gpu/vga hardware components against a list of available drivers, and install the appropriate one?

Any information on related matter is greatly appreciated.

2. qofbored

qofbored MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    #2 qofbored, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    (OP)
    Thank you! I'm looking into it right now, seems to fit my needs. But, I read that I'd have to choose between architecture (x64/x86)... Can't I have both available as with the AIO tool?

P.S. Ideally this is what I'd like to have integrated on my installation USB (16GB): Win8 with multi language packs, most common (large) updates, Office 2013, WMC, activation for all this (perm or auto renewal).
    So far I was unable to research this on my own, but I strongly feel that other people have done this by now. If anybody feels like sharing the knowledge, Im all ears! :v:

3. qofbored

qofbored MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Getting somewhere.. slowly but surely :)
    Right now I'm trying to figure out which updates should be included to the aio..
    But also how to manually download the files for both architectures, i have no clue :confused:

4. qofbored

qofbored MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Sweet! I really do try to search the forums (even by using google, site:...) but somehow I can't find the things I need.. even when I do have the proper thread, it takes such a long time to read through all the posts where only once in 10 pages one might find something useful
    Anyway, I used the batch script approach and made two MUI ISOs (x64 & x86), I spliced them together with WinAIO Maker and tested. The result was a reg key prompt first, after which only two choices for Win8Pro (x64 or x86).. The languages were nowhere to be seen in the setup, and I cancelled before formatting the drive. Too bad because it took quite some time for my PC to integrate all 18 language packs yesterday.
    Im going to test one of the ISOs now without merging it with the 2nd, maybe that will reveal something new. Otherwise probably going to try the Windows Download Integrator tool..