Windows 8..So whats better in in it then in windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by magnus33, Oct 26, 2012.

1. magnus33

magnus33 MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    From what i can see there no real advantage to windows 8.

I just can't see anything major that windows 8 has that gives it a leg up over windows 7.

What do you think?

2. tonyt3rry

tonyt3rry MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    dont know if its just me but it seems faster than windows 7, I like how my pc is more organised. my touch mouse is all diferent to what it was in win 7 but it feels a bit like a tablet when i switch between apps overall im happy

3. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Main reason i changed was for the file management system as you know windows 7 when deleleting, moving or copying with create a processes for each task when windows 8 will group them together so when your system come under to much load it will balance out.

4. Elevon

Elevon MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Improved security,faster boot up and shut down,Store with loads of software including lot of free stuff like games etc...improved battery life on laptops/notebooks if you use 8 over Win7,basically you gain more then you lose with 8.

5. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    For me Windows 8 is:
    - faster than Windows 8 (using SSD), no need to disable services, Windows 8 optimizes SSD drivers itself
    - no more stuttering in games for me
    - better framerate in games I play (Diablo 3, CS 1.6, CS: Go)
    - finally better task manager!
    - keyboard shortcut can replace most tasks made using mouse pointer
    - I like the new interface

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    - seems overall quicker
    - Hyper-V 3.0
    - better progress bar (with pause button!) for file copying
    - finally multi-monitors don't all have to display the same background image

I thought I would miss the start button but I don't.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Using MS Office 2010 and here special Excel, works much better and more stable than in Windows 7. In W7 it's quite easy to crash Excel down which wouldn't the same in W8! We, my customers and I using computer for real and hard, not for games and/or entertainment! and from experiences I've till now, there is a lot improvement in Windows 8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    You can operate everything with your fist.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you have an Multi Touch Screen!:rolleyes:

10. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    iphone addicts can use their thumbs

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I am learning to like it more every day (lord help me). I like native ISO mounting as a drive. I probably use that more than anything. It is stable and pretty peppy (le pew?)