Windows 8 UI needs to be modified... Tami Reller

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by koma, May 7, 2013.

1. koma

koma MDL Novice

May 16, 2008
    #1 koma, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    I wonder what her idea of changes is. She was always one who subscribed to the Sinofsky style naziism, so we'll see how this pans out lol.

3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    All your OS are belong to us.

4. koma

koma MDL Novice

May 16, 2008
    Win8 need a simple changeable option:
    Disable Metro UI

All the other changes are good :p

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Forget it. They will never disable the start screen because this also is a major part of the biz in terms of Store. Perhaps you can boot to desktop might be an option in Blue but you definately will be able to access Metro UI by hitting the win-key or by using charms bar or the small window at bottom left corner

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I would second that!

The last few day's I also was read several articles and blogs which clearly stated that they even didn't want to have back the good old Start Menu at all after getting use of the new UI. Who really "need" those old Start Menu, could easily use some 3. party Start Menu.

Personally I didn't use any of that Start menu's any more and miss it while using Windows 7!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    same here. I got used to the new interface since it is as is and found myself almost in trouble when I fixed a friends box with 7 on it because of the old fashioned Start button :D

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just realized, as I done a screen shot for an other post, that I still had Pokki installed in that machine! Funny isn't it and I didn't had use it more that a few month already! Will wait till the I've to do a new installation of that machine, which will latest at the time the 8.1 is final and after that those will be gone as well!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Booting to the desktop and adding a Start button that took me to the Start Screen, would be fine with me. Or, leaving it the way it is is fine too, we're talking about things that don't fall into the "earth shattering" category.

I am surprised at all the fuss about the lack of the Start Button/Menu and booting to the Start Screen.

Accept, adapt, move on down the road.