Windows 8 Update Question

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by acyuta, Sep 12, 2013.

1. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I have a query relating to windows 8.

Ever since it was released, MS keeps on issuing updates which I install at the time and also keep offline installer for future reinstalls.

Now for all the updates issued since 2012, many have become redundant or superseded. A person who never reinstalled would end up with some file size bloatware as updates were installed chronologically and were later superseded by updates on updates.

Last checked post Sep 2013, my update file is now 1.29 GB (win 8+net 3.5+net4.5). On a fresh install, I usually sort by the largest size and just install offline the biggest ones and then let 100 MB or so updated through windows update online.

I would like to know which updates are being issued as of Sep 2013 so that I could keep those and delete the rest. Of course a fresh install and checking for updates will reveal mostly the same thing. Does anyone have a screenshot of this (assuming net 3.5).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...