Windows 8 Wmc Activation question

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by unloved, Feb 1, 2013.

1. unloved

unloved MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2012
    Wmc.jpg

i activated Windows 8 with Media center
    when will come again deactivate
    Today 01.Feb.2013
    jml91.jpg

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That will happen only if you re-install windows 8, have serious system errors, change the Mainboard but normal use! That if your Windows 8 Key were legit!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. unloved

unloved MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2012
    #3 unloved, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    (OP)
    I installed wmc again and used "advanced tokens manager" -----"this metod will be blocked soon" i heard 31 jan ultill?????

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It's really easy.
    1. You used a legit key (one that you paid for, like retail upgrade or System Builder key)? Then WMC activation is permanent, unless serious hardware changes or a re-installation occur. Restoring an activation backup will work, and your system will authenticate against MS servers fine.

2. Used KMS or one of the now blocked MAK keys before adding WMC? Then you should prepare for deactivation of your system sooner or later.

Jan, 31st was the end-date for MS giving out free WMC keys and providing the cost-reduced upgrade options. Free WMC keys not activated until that date are now invalid, all others are fine. Paid keys do not expire.