Windows 8 Won't let me log in.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hellarda, Oct 27, 2012.

1. hellarda

hellarda MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    Morning,

Have a really irritating problem. Windows 8 is refusing to let me log in. My user account is linked to live.com so i log in with my live ID (********@live.com)

It kept telling me my password is incorrect, when it isnt. (yes I have checked caps lock etc)

the strange thing is I can log in fine from my laptop using remote desktop. Using the same password and ******** as the log in. (same as the live ID without the @live.com)

I have even tried resetting the password online.

It still won't let me log in.

I have tried uplugging from the network, still no go.

any ideas?

EDIT: Can't log in over rdp using ********@live.com, suggesting its a problem with live.com? Have tried rebooting which didn't make a difference

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    boogers or cheetos in the keyboard?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hellarda

hellarda MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    if I understand what you are saying (not quite sure) then no because I have tried the keyboard on my laptop when logging in through rdp and it works fine

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Is your password more than 16 characters ?

5. ridem92

ridem92 MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2012
    I just had your problem too.

I just went through the same ordeal you did, it was so frustrating. I finally decided to restart my computer and then when I did I was able to log in. When I logged back in I went to settings>user accounts>change account to local account and then proceeded to go about with having a local account. Hope this helps, eh.