Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shinerman, May 11, 2011.
Is there any way to tell which method was use to activate WIN 7? Thanks in advance....
Run "slmgr.vbs /dlv" without the quotes...
1. If its OEM_SLP channel & ur copy of Windows came preinstalled with the PC, then its original oem copy. But if ur copy of Windows didnt come preinstalled with the PC, then it is using soft mod/bios mod.
2. If its OEM_NONSLP/OEM_COA channel, then its original oem copy.
3. If its VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel, then most probably ur using KMS activation, either by ZWT emulator or original KMS server.
4. If its TIMEBASED_EVAL channel, then its using eval key that will expire.
5. If its RETAIL channel, then either ur using original retail/trial copy, or using HAL7600/Chew7
6. If slmgr.vbs not found, then u r system is highly modified
To fill in the details.......I installed WIN7 Ultimate, used some activation method and now it will not pass WGA.(it has been 6-8 months).......I have tried Windows Loader 2.1 without success......all help is appreciated......
See here first -> http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/24900-Common-questions-and-answers
Then post here -> http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/24902-Windows-Loader-Support-and-chat
When I run Windows Loader 2.1 it says modified....so how do I tell what the mod is? Sorry to be so estupid ....... any and all help is appreciated
Don't think there is a way to tell.
your best bet would be to run WAT fix and see where that gets you.
Thanks for all the replies, decided to backup data and re-install.