Windows Aero Dark Display

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hornetzero, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Hornetzero

Hornetzero MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2018
    I have searched this over and tried some attempts to alter my Windows inside address bar and inner themes to colors other than white(the white brightness is killing my eyes).

The first attempt lead me to find a topic here in which instructions were given for using Restorator 2007 to alter registry files containing the data. Those instructions were complicated as is, and even after making the changes, I didn't get the results I had hoped for.

The next attempt involved going to DeviantArt and getting a custom dark aero theme. I downloaded one and attempted to replace all the required Windows system files with ownership altered. Of course I ran into problems dealing with the last file referred to "Shell32"; it just wouldn't allow me to replace it even after I moved the original to a backup and attempted to paste the modified one with correct ownership settings done. Needless to say, my computer needed to be restored.

Is there anyway I can get a Windows 7 Aero theme that has all the bright white colored inner sections darkened to a dark grey color with the text being a slight shade of off white as contrast?

Thank you