Windows / and offline activation - Need some clarification

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by maraaa, Aug 9, 2009.

1. maraaa

maraaa MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2008
    #1 maraaa, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hi,

I was browsing this forum a lot, and I decided to add slic 2.1 to my bios. I have Asus P5LD2-X/1333 and I modified latest available Bios from Asus using this guide.

1. Is there any way to be sure that modifications on BIOS are done correctly, before flashing? And, can slic 2.1 be added to any BIOS, including mine? According to AMI tool everything is fine, but I want to be sure.
    2. If this somehow screw my Bios, can I just flash it again with latest Bios from Asus.
    3. When I added slic 2.1 using AMI tool, I chose HP certificate, since Asus is not yet available. Is this OK?
    4. After I flash my Bios with slic 2.1 applied, and after I install Windows 7, what do I do next (I don't want to use any tools, I want to do it manually)?
    I suppose I need to enter the key and then to install XrML digital license? But which one, HP or Asus, and can I use license I used on Vista? Also, what is the command for installing the license?
    5. At the end, how can I verify that Win 7 is activated correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers ;)

2. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 Opa, Aug 9, 2009
    Hi,

You'll find answers to most of your questions in the Repository ;)

nop if you screw your BIOS your computer won't start anymore, unless you have a rescue BIOS on your motherboard, you have to check...

no problem

You need a certificate that belong to your SLIC, in your case it's HP.
    You can download HP certificate and other here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7500 (the first link of the post).
    Instruction to manually install certificate : check the Repository section 6-F.
    And section 6-E to check the activation status.

good luck ;)

3. maraaa

maraaa MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2008
    Thank you for the information.

Cheers ;)

4. mirkocosta

mirkocosta MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Your mb has CrashFree bios v2 so youre safe. In case you get blk screen, just put your asus cdrom driver and the bios will reflash automatically ;)

5. maraaa

maraaa MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks for the useful info. That's really good to know. I was reading something about it in my manual, but I was not sure if that's it.

Cheers ;)

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #6 EclipseSin, Aug 9, 2009
    Really? Cause their is ALOT of *** missing from your thread, and your sig is annoying. Actually you ar annoying too. The thread is stickied. Every post I think you say something about your gay repository. Come off the high horse already. Everyone can see it.

*grumpy* /endrant/