Windows Anyimte UpGrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sephirox, May 9, 2011.

1. Sephirox

Sephirox MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
    Hi. I am trying to upgrade my Asus Eee Pc from Startet to Professional or Ultimate but have try many keys and manage to get into the Updating windows this should take 10 minutes for after some minutes it gives me an error telling me the key i set is for an edition of windows that does not work with windows anytime upgrade...Any help ?

The laptop came with windows 7 starter just in case....

Thnx in advance

2. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Exactly which keys have you tried? Did you try 2WCJK... for Professional and 2Y4WT... for Ultimate? They should work.

3. Sephirox

Sephirox MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
    Yes, I have, but after sometime on the Initializing update, an error screen comes telling me that the key is is for an edition of windows that does not work with windows anytime upgrade

4. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
  5. Sephirox

Sephirox MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
    Thnx, I guess I'll wait for more suggestions since i keep on trying keys but at some time it tells me the same thing, key is is for an edition of windows that does not work with windows anytime upgrade

6. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I encountered this problem as well, are you using SP1? I think Microsoft changed it with SP1 so that you can't upgrade with OEM:SLP keys. Always worked for me before I updated.

7. Sephirox

Sephirox MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
    I dont know what happen....I just restart the pc as adobe ask me 2 and it suddenly change to professional, but anytime upgrade never told me it had succeed....So just telling you guys * i guess the last key i tried was pro*

8. HeresJohnny

HeresJohnny MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    I had no problem with my anytime upgrade. I ordered a Dell XPS 17 and when it arrived with Windows 7 Home premium I updated it completely, including SP1 and after all was complete I used the Dell Ultimate serial and the upgrade completed just fine.

Good Luck :)

9. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I've noticed something similar to this on a couple of machines that i've upgraded. You type in the key, windows checks it, and says it's starting the upgrade. However, after a few mins, it says that the upgrade failed. But then as soon as you reboot, the upgrade continues perfectly. It must be a bug with WAU.

10. NadaWTB

NadaWTB MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2007
    I have used the above method on several computers and it worked great.