Windows Blue 9364 new Apps:Calculator, Audio Recorder, Movie Moments,Alarm

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by elhassan, Mar 24, 2013.

1. elhassan

elhassan MDL Member

Dec 9, 2011
  2. nosferati87

nosferati87 MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I think that app is located at C:\Windows\FileManager. I couldn't get it to start though.

Did anyone get the Movie Moments app to work? The app crashes for me right after opening a video.

3. elhassan

elhassan MDL Member

Dec 9, 2011
    yes thats true................ it here
    Sans titre.JPG

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    notice the icon is clouds, so I would assume it is for skydrive.

5. steph_t

steph_t MDL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    But there's already a seperate skydrive app...

6. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    How do you get it to work?

7. wedders

wedders MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2013
    Bits of it are broken (and there isn't much there yet). I was able to load a video, do some stuff and save it back out. The only functionality right now seems to be pretty light editing - you can add captions and "Emphasize" them (which I guess means bold) and control font styling (broken right now, button does nothing), do freeze frames, add music, as well as trimming the start/end of the video. I don't understand how to control the placement of captions, but I'd guess it has something to do with the big grey box that appears in the edit/create caption interface...

Screenies of the UI: imgur [dot] com/a/hOZcL
    Output video: youtube [dot] com/watch?v=adE4tz7dYlo

(Sorry for the [dot]'s, new users can't post links :))

8. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    #13 BAV0, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Haaklong

Haaklong MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2013
    I think that Movie Moments will be Windows 8's version of Windows (Live) Movie Maker, because Microsoft abolished Windows Live
    when Windows 8 came out (due to the R.T.M.) and MOST applications have are bundled with Windows 8 now, but Windows Live
    Writer, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Live Mail (although there is a metro application) and Windows Photo Gallery (again, there
    is a Metro-variant) are still Windows Essentials, I hope that there won't be a Windows Essentials 2013, but that Microsoft will make
    these applications part of Windows 8.1 (Blue), but will also preserve their killer app, Windows Live Writer (possibly re-name it Microsoft
    Writer in the same fashion as Windows Live Family Safety was re-named Microsoft Family Safety) as a desktop-application (+ a pre-
    installed Metro-variant). :cool: