Windows bootmgr on different HD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by regal, Dec 19, 2010.

1. regal

regal MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    #1 regal, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    I installed a new SSD harddrive and loaded it with a paid for Win7x64 home premium. Thru the proces of setting harddisk priority in my bios I noticed that I have to select a different first booth hard drive than what the windows is installed on for each instance of windows 7 installs. So I have to keep a couple old harddrives hooked up just because they have bootmgr on them.

I tried inserting the win7 DVD when I bought off the correct drive but keep getting bootmgr not find hit ctrl alt delete.

Is there anything that can be done to have Win7 put its boot up files on the same harddrive as the installation?

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    EasyBCD has an option to change the boot drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. regal

regal MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I figured it all out. This install was the worst/longest in 15 years. The student official Home Premium download I paid M$ $40 for gave a bad exe file. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have gotten a real home premium iso. Its amazing to me that this forum is probably hated by M$ yet paying customers would be lost without it.

Thanks to everyone.