windows cannot be installed to this disk & No bootable device PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DanceCreation, Jun 14, 2013.

1. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    so i have already tried anything ...
    a few days ago i just turn my laptop on , suddenly this message appear :S - no bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key .
    after i tried to login to repair mode via the installation CD and tried the "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /fixboot" ( it shows me that the fix done successfully ) but when i tried again to boot nothing happened :S

then !
    i went to PLAN B - clean Installation
    when i put the disk everything goes ok untill i get this window and this message appears :
    windows cannot be installed to this disk . this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk .........

i am totally exhausted ... help ... please .. what should i do next :S .

2. Ultraform

Ultraform MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Have you check your boot setup in bios, what bios say about the Hd. Maybe The harddrive have crashed :/?

3. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    Oh sorry about that .. I forgot to say thaat the hdd is recognized by the bios .
    And I have tried several of bios manipulations .

4. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Get parted-magic and load the disk health utility, the disk is probably damaged.

5. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    Thanks for the answer but i did that step too .. via the hirens boot cd - nothing happens .....
    Anything else please. :-[

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    test memory with memtest bootable iso.

try USB windows 7 not dvd.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 pisthai, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @DanceCreation: I was working on a Dell machine that refused to let me install Windows 7 via the DVD drive in the machine.

The hardware was good. The DVD player was good. Ultimately, I had to create a boot USB drive and install it via that. As an alternative,
    you can get a USB dvd drive and try it that way if creating a USB bootable device is too complicated for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. teribithia

teribithia MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2012
    Maybe the HD C: you want install is not right format ;););)

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @teribithia: In My case, The HD was the right format; ultimately Windows was installed. In the case of DanceCreation, He already had Windows installed and it crashed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but (without seeing the laptop) it looks as if the DVD player will not allow booting from the Windows DVD. If that in fact -is- the case, DanceCreation will have to install from another source.

@DanceCreation: What brand of laptop is it and what OS were you running?

11. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011

is that software run from boot ? do i have to burn it as image or what ?
    i don't really get how to use this software :X

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  14. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    Thank you all .. i am now trying to erase the whole HDD by using the Parted Magic ..
    i am a little depressed that i am going to loose all of the HDD's data :S .. its already two days that i have tried to save it but nothing works ..
    anyway many thanks .. and i will let you know whats going on ..

15. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Parted Magic has an explorer like file manager, plug an external drive and backup your data before wipign the disk.

16. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    Ok so I have tried several things to fix those bad sectors .. by the way it's says that it has eight bad sectors .
    Is there any other ways to solve this bad sector issue ?

17. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    #17 DanceCreation, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for this but I couldn't even access those files and folders . ( mods and admins I am sorry I am doubled my posts it's happened because I am using a phone browser ) .

edit : have tried the HDAT2 program from the hirensbootCD and its not even recognize the HDD :S ...
    any suggestions ?

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ DanceCreation, in the long run you would be far better off replacing the drive.

20. DanceCreation

DanceCreation MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    pisthai i am thankful for your greate answers and effort - but i will go with urie and just replace the HDD :S.

just last question .. HOW THE HELL IS THAT THING EVEN HAPPENED? what couse that sector become damaged ?
    and what i need to do to avoid it from happened again ?