Windows defender firewall and microsoft edge canary

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by intro, Jun 15, 2019.

1. intro

intro MDL Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I have a small problem that I'm hoping someone could help with. I use comodo firewall so I always disable windows defender firewall. I'm trying edge canary out because it supports 1080p for netflix. I can load the netflix page just fine and even see the previews running for the movies and shows but when I click on something to actually watch it it just hangs with that circle turning endlessly (this is with windows defender firewall disabled). Btw edge that comes with windows loads and plays netflix just fine with windows defender firewall disabled. If I enable windows defender firewall edge canary loads and plays netflix just fine. Is there something I can do when the firewall is on so that when I disable it edge canary will have no problem with the actual streaming of a movie or show with netflix? Forgot to mention I'm using w10 pro x64 en us.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10, then let me ask, why you need to have absolutely not suitable and absolutely not necessary Comodo Firewall?
    You cannot use incompatible and out-of-date software and and then want that for some reasons all other up-to-date apps works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. intro

intro MDL Member

Apr 10, 2010

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    But what are you crying if it works?
    It's true, it may work with some other Windows versions, but not with Windows 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. intro

intro MDL Member

Apr 10, 2010
    What do you mean (if it works). I don't really understand what you are trying to say but thanks anyway.