Windows Desktop and Explorer Crash On Right Click

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lifehags, Mar 24, 2015.

1. lifehags

lifehags MDL Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Whenever I right click in windows explorer my mouse turns into the blue busy wheel, it doesn't say that explorer stopped working. I can't click in the explorer window or my desktop, but other windows will work, the after that my screen turns green (that's my system color) closes all the windows and shows me my desktop. If I right click in the explorer on a file, (it sometimes happens with 1 file or all of them) the whole process repeats.
    Is there any way to stop this? Thanks!

2. jhector

jhector MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012
    I had a problem with Explorer crashing when any file was right-clicked, and traced it to a program that installed a context-menu (right-click) item. NirSoft's ShellExView lets you selectively disable context-menu items - in case that is the source of your problem.

3. lifehags

lifehags MDL Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

4. lifehags

lifehags MDL Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Got SHexview and found the only non microsoft context menu addition was from Pushbullet, disables it and now it works!! thanks so much!
    Also if I delete shexview will the context menu item still be disasbled?

5. jhector

jhector MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012
    I think you're safe to delete SEV, since it's really just a regedit frontend, but it's so tiny, and useful, it's worth keeping (for the next shell extension issue).