Windows DVD Player App For Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gina, Jul 30, 2015.

1. intelcorei

intelcorei MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2015
    I will like too a fix but I see will be impossible . Any way a try to replace some files from the updated folder (installed from widvd in store) but I canĀ“t change the permissions in the target folder ( old version) even if you give full administration permissions . can not be modified the files in the windowsapps folder :/

2. 600415

600415 MDL Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The new one is a different app with different package ID. Not possible.
    I personally recommend VideoLAN for actually watching DVDs.

3. Rodion

Rodion MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    there are a lot of programs for watching DVDs
    it is interesting to make this one work :)

4. intelcorei

intelcorei MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2015
    Hello again

I uninstalled the Windows DVD Player , that a few days ago I installed without problems executing the commands as in the post of Orbiting234 , but now when trying to install it again following the same procedure, :( it gives me an error

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath c:\temp2\InstallDVDAp ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: )[Add-AppxProvisionedPackage], COMException

FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackageCommand

Please Any help would be much appreciated

5. Rodion

Rodion MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    magnet 08f7060cd8fa89cafd11590a98c669aeff729c85
    installer of DVD player that works for me

6. intelcorei

intelcorei MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2015
    #146 intelcorei, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020

Hello . Rodion please can you explain/ write the full magnet link ( I havent experience with magnet links ) Thank YOU

anyways I will like to know why now In my case the command posted by post of Orbiting234 , to install Windows DVD player dont work , and 2 weeks ago was working without issues in my powershell , please any expert have a idea what cause this error ? this error may be due to uninstall without command in powershell ? because I did the unistall directly in programs , in the menu with the button uninstall