Windows Enterprise rebooting twice before startup

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by endbase, Sep 19, 2013.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #1 endbase, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Hi everybody Got a strange thing going on. Every time I start windows Enterprise 8.1 up it goes into boot and then reboots to reach the inlog screen !! I think it's a driver thingy and i suspect that my external soundcard is the problem. Got an M-Audio M-Track usb soundcard And it's been doing it after i've installed the sound card driver from M-Audio. Deinstalling is not an option i'm using it for sound editing of the band i'm playing in :p Got the latest driver from M-Audio it supports windows 8.0 !!

Greetz Base

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Perhaps your bios thinks it is a boot drive and wants to boot from? Is the startup set to boot from USB first?

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #3 endbase, Sep 19, 2013
    (OP)
    I will check on that ;) First boot device is my sdd so that is in order !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eydee

eydee Guest

Well, you could remove it temporarily to see if it is indeed the one causing the issue. It won't hurt you.

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Removing is not the correct solution it's a driver problem

6. eydee

eydee Guest

I guess you should look up the word temporarily in the dictionary. Problem is, you only assume it's the driver, at least according to what you posted so far. (Feel free to post more info, we are not mind readers.)

If you remove it and the problem disappears, you know it's that certain device causing the issue. You can then contact the manufacturer and ask for help. They may have a beta driver or anything that can help you. But if you cannot be sure it's the device and contact the manufacturer, you risk making a fool out of yourself. You don't want that, do you?

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If your BIOS is an UEFI BIOS, check the UEFI settings are correct.

If you think it's your ecternal Sound device, remove it once, after you un-installed the driver via Device Manager and chewck if your computer boot's normal without that sound Device and without an driver for it!

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #8 endbase, Sep 19, 2013
    (OP)
    I did remove the device but the problem remains windows goes into boot untill it hit's the drivers loading and them bam reboots so that why I think it's a driver related problem. But i'm now going to search for the correct driver who is causing the trouble because did remove the driver of M-Audio and removed device and still the same story :(

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #9 endbase, Sep 19, 2013
    (OP)
    Ok found the driver who causes the problem it is the amd_catalyst_13.10_beta driver deinstalled it and everythings works fine now !! Thx everybody for the advises !!! Going to wait for a new driver for my Graphics !!

BTW does anybody know of a functional ati driver for windows 8.1 ? nvm found 13.9 driver from amd going to test now

Yes works fine now !!