Windows Explorer being naughty.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Pendaws, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    #1 Pendaws, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit instal;led on my machine and for the last few months I have been getting this annoying problem vexing me. :nono2:
    When I use Win Explorer and right click on the Left pane, all that happens is that I get an error of sorts and the screen goes kinda white and shuts down explorer and I have to restart. The REALLY annoying thing is that it DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME.

It does vex me somewhat and I want to BEAT the computer to death but, it would cost me too much to replace so, I have put up with it. I was HOPING that someone has come across this sort of thing before and would have an idea? :dunno:

2. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    acrsn, thanks for the link. I did the scan and was told that there HAD been corrupt files and that they had been fixed.
    I will surely remember this. :D

3. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    #3 Pendaws, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    (OP)
    Well, I tried this fix, it appeared to be FIXED, rebooted and it was BACK again. All I can think of is there is a file that is
    somehow corrupted from another start up programme, which I had stopped ad started again not loading them, and still
    it does it. I will try a few more things and see if I can trace it but it looks like a ctrl+alt+del then reload will be the ONLY
    way out.

Thanks again acrsn for helping anyway.
    IF I am lucky to find it, I will post results. :D

PS: One other thing, If I click anything else in explorer, it doesn't happen, only when I left click on a drive.