Windows Explorer has stopped working....

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by leon, Mar 14, 2008.

1. leon

leon MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2008
    Need help for following problem:

Whenever i type something in the ' Search Box: d... ' , i am getting the following message: ' Windows explorer has stopped working.... and soon thereafter the following message: ' Windows Explorer is restarting....'

Then automatically Vista is looking for a solution...after sometime reporting that this is fault is caused by Microsoft.... referring to KB938979 to download solving this problem. Doing so however, i am getting the following msg: This KB938979 does not apply to my computer.

Four your information: I'am running Windows Vista Ultimate version.

Appreciate your help!

2. TechSTL

TechSTL MDL Novice

May 16, 2008
    I'm having a very similar problem. Vista Ultimate SP1. Mine occurs when entering "c" into the search box in the start menu.

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    This kind of errors can be coused by many types of errors.
    Mostly by registry errors or vrong settings, or even some virus.
    Tracing a problem like this is dificuled.
    To trace it you have to use at least two programs like proces explorer and registry monitor.
    You will propably loose more time to trace it then to reinstall everything.
    I was once having a problem like this on XP and finaly after 8 hours I ended up reinstaling the OS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fred64

fred64 MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    I had this problem and eventually traced it to a corrupted .dll file but I can'r remember what it was called. Sorry! but the info may help someone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    #5 shay_g, May 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
    SPAM!!!!!!! :mad:

BAN THIS USER!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. ALL HIS OTHER POST ARE THE SAME!!! :mad::mad: