Windows Installing trouble

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaveRick23, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello MDL,

I need your help,

My friend has a asus notebook

K53SJ 209

VBIOS version -- 2080

EC Version -- 202d040001

Intel ® Core ™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

Total Memory -- 4096 MB

There was installed windows 7 before, and i am trying to install windows 7 too, but i have such trouble, when it copies necessary files after i choose language and then push install now but after that it is thinking on setup is starting is about 8 hours. why what is problem?

installation DVD is good i tried it and works.

thanks in advanced for help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Sounds as though the hard drive has errors you could download say Hiren's BootCD boot from that and run some of the hard disk diagnostic programs. Or when you switch on the machine you could try pressing F9 starts the Factory recovery if recovery partition has not been deleted.

3. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    thanks urie i will try that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    i ran diagnostic tool from hirens bootcd and after delete all partitions there and after try to install windows and it in step of installing process. thanks for support.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Hopefully it does install personally I would have tried factory restore first especially on someone else's machine.

6. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Now it freezed installing on stage of Registry preparing. maybe HDD is un-usable right?

7. MaveRick23

MaveRick23 MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    i scan HDD and see below attache error log please.

Attached Files:

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It doesn't look too bright, to put it lightly. In other words: With that amount of Pending sectors it might fail pretty soon. (However, it could also be a faulty HDD controller doing this to the drive.)

For dealing with Pending sectors, the drive requires a complete destructible write-erase cycle, since only a Write operation triggers the final decision. There are two possible outcomes: Either the Pending sector was registered in error, then the count simply will decrease again when erasing. The other is confirmation of the error and registering as Uncorrectable sector error, in which case it means end of life for the HDD.