"Windows is not genuine" problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Masei, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masei

Masei MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Hi guys,

Im quite new at this kinda thing. Ive installed the Windows 7 at my laptop, all went fine. But I didnt use any loader or used any serial key. I just installed and use it.

After a week or so, the desktop went black and this message appear:

Windows 7
    Build 7600
    This copy of Windows is not genuine

My question is: can I solve this or do I have to reinstall windows? Because, honestly, would be a pain in the ass to backup everything and reinstall al the softwares again.

So. Am I in trouble?

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Don't know why,try installing daz loader,check if it works

3. ennio

ennio Guest

You can't install and use the OS without key and cert. You have to use BIOS with 2.1 SLIC + key + certificate. Search the forum, and you will find everything you need for your laptop.

4. Masei

Masei MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Hmm. Ive already tried the DAZ Loader. The message says that I'm OK, license done and all seems perfect. I restart and thers the message again. It seems that nothing was done by the loader.

Im gonna search this bios stuff that ennio told me and see if it works.

5. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Rearm your windows
    • Open CMD as Administrator
    • type slmgr -rearm
    • reboot your PC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Masei

Masei MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Hey. That worked!!! But, I assume I have to do something now, so the message wont appear again, right?

7. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Run Daz' Loader again and check your system properties.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Masei

Masei MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    Ive run. All seems fine. In the System Properties, Windows is activated! Well.. Thats great!!! Thanx guys!

9. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    MasterDisaster,

Since you mentioned rearm, perhaps you can tell me if there is a difference between a rearm and restoring tokens. I recently had to restore tokens because I swapped out a dead MB with an MB that had a different bios mod vendor. I got it to work but I just wanted to know if I used one of my 3 rearms by doing it?

10. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Rearm and token restore are independent of each other. Rearm extends your grace period, while token restore activates your copy. If you have used token restore then rearm is not used.

11. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks for the clarification.

12. PrinceJoe

PrinceJoe MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012