Windows key is invalid for activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pdarcke, Oct 10, 2009.

1. pdarcke

pdarcke MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    So, I was chugging along fine with Vistaloader 2.1.3 for months, and then about a week ago suddenly it's not good enough for Vista anymore. It wants to be activated again. So, I reinstall Vistaloader, and it's no good. I in fact find an entire pack of boot manager hacks like that and some others, and go through all of them, one by one, and none of them work, but they did give me three more days to activate.

Everest sees a SLIC table, and that RWEverything program says it's an ASUS SLIC. My cert file says it's Asus too, and I've tried a few different cert files anyway, so surely one of them was legit. I used the appropriate CD-key, for Ultimate, and in my System window I show the proper Product ID for an ASUS Ultimate OEM according to that one sticky. Yet I can't activate. If I do, it tells me that the key is invalid for activation, and that I should contact Asustek.

I'm running out of ideas. I'm running an ASRock A780FullHD motherboard. I'm pretty computer literate and willing to delve into more technical stuff, but most of my searches turn up half solutions, and I don't want to mess with my BIOS without knowing all of what I'm doing.

Thanks for your help, internet

2. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Why not just do a BIOS mod? If you claim to be computer literate, you never would have messed with loaders in the first place. BIOS modding is clean, elegant, and thanks to AndyP we have tools that safely automate the whole process. I am the owner of a similar ASRock board (the A780GMH/128M) which I have easily modded. If you don't feel up to doing a BIOS mod yourself, simply post in the forum and ask someone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Melvarius

Melvarius MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    #3 Melvarius, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...