Windows Loader and BCD issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by darkdeeds6, Mar 9, 2013.

1. darkdeeds6

darkdeeds6 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    I had a BCD corruption a few days ago. Fixed it with bootsec, then windows says its not genuine. Uninstalled and reinstalled the loader, booted up fine for once then BCD corruption again at next restart. Again fixed it, again windows says its not genuine, reinstalled loader blah blah and this keeps looping itself. After some testing apparently the PC boots fine repeatedly without the loader but the moment i install the loader the BCD corrupts. Any ideas? This never happened to me before, and the HDD is new, only 2 months. WDC Black.

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Instead of fixing the problem, have you tried reinstalling the OS?

Also, what kind of computer do you have? Does it have UEFI?

3. darkdeeds6

darkdeeds6 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    Its a old Gigabyte H55M-S2H, no UEFI. I would do a clean reinstall only at the last resort...i was going to try a repair install first but i wanna know if there is anything i missed...
    [h=3][/h]

4. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Try and do a system repair or system restore, if possible. Otherwise you may have to reinstall.

5. mictlan

mictlan MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Check your hdd for errors. Had a similar issue with Linux. Did a low level format of the drive, error was gone. (SMART showed pendind sectors xyz)

6. darkdeeds6

darkdeeds6 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    I did a full scan and there was no errors...then by chance i decided to unplug the secondary HDD and the system works fine now. I don't understand computers >.>

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It could be the partition layout, bad geometry or something.

* Make sure the BIOS is the latest version
    * Make sure you use the latest version of the loader

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...