Windows loader doesn't work, Help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Raigah, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Raigah

Raigah MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2014
    #1 Raigah, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Hi, First time visiting this web site and first message. Recently i got this new computer: HP Pavilion 500-046 PC. It had windows 8 (64) and I downgraded to windows 7 because some programs i use for work, and games, are not compatible at the moment with windows 8 or i cannot find the crack to use them freely. Programs and games i was having problems with windows 8: FlexiSign-Pro 10, CorelDraw x6, Photoshop CS5 and World of Warcraft. Finally I got windows 7 running but when i tried to use the windows 7 loader v1.7.1-by Daz, i got this message: An Error has been logged to the system's event log. i've tried different windows loaders and i got different messages. I used this Windows loader v2.2 - by Daz, and in the Status Section it says: Unsupported partition table, so the "Install" option is not available to press it. I used this other Windows loader and it says that system is not detecting an active partition. I went to Disk Management and I cannot Mark the (C: ) partition as active. I did a research for what could be my problem and some poeple say that I its just a problem with GPI and UEFI in my system.
    If any other valid information is needed to help me in this problem, just ask. I hope you can help me with this issue. I will be very thankful. your new member: Raigah.

2. FFManHole

FFManHole MDL Member

Nov 27, 2009
    @ Raigah

All your answers can be found in the readme file that can be found in the Windows Loader download:

##########################################################################
    # 3 - Questions and answers

Q. The loaders status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?
    A. You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive.

# 4 - UEFI motherboards
    The loader doesn't work when the systems using GPT. The workaround is to pre-format your hard drive so that it uses MBR instead.

From your BIOS select to boot the Windows DVD without UEFI, press and hold SHIFT and then press F10 and then enter this:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=ntfs quick

Boot the Windows DVD the same way you did the first time and then continue with the installation of Windows. Once complete you can then install the loader.

3. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    While in the BIOS, uncheck "UEFI boot" and "Secure boot",

and check "Legacy boot".

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    then repair boot from dvd or usb of win7

5. Raigah

Raigah MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2014
    ty. i'll try this.

6. Raigah

Raigah MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2014
    hey LatinMcG I love the flag you have in you profile image ;) . is my flag also :D