Windows loader problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mupett, Sep 17, 2013.

1. mupett

mupett MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello,

I have a problem. I used windows loader v2.0.6-by Daz to activate my win 7 64bit. It worked fine, but since then i have the program popping up on system start. I tried to delete it from user\...\local\Appdata\temp, but it keeps reappearing. I removed from the dir i downloaded and used another version but still can't get rid of it. I fear it contained somekind of worm or something. Nor my antivir or Mbam couldn't find anything tho.
    Can someone help me please?
    Thanks

2. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    When you say popup, do you mean a boot menu like image55.png this? If not then it's not the loader and you have a nasty piece of software from somewhere else.

3. mupett

mupett MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    No, not like that. It is like if i always run the program every time i start winsows. The program starts. I can close it no problem, but if i delete it reappear in \user...\temp all the time

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. mupett

mupett MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    No. The fact is that i didn't know about this site before. I downloaded from .. don't even remember. I got here because of my search of solving the problem. As i see that i am having a version with an extra "surprise". I hoped someone having the same problem.

6. Baghi

Baghi MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Never hope for the worst. Checking hashes of given programs' is always a good practice, just to be on the safest side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    Try uninstall Loader 2.0.6, then install Loader 2.2.1.

8. mbaba

mbaba MDL Novice

May 14, 2013
    try d new loader but stil get same error.

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hmm try combofix from bleepingcomputer.com and let us know if it still does it.

10. mupett

mupett MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2013
    Thank you guys for the help. I managed to repair the problem. It seems that the version i downloaded was infected and put a trojan to my comp. I used Junkware removal tool and Malwarebyte's. So it looks clean now. Thanks again.

11. Krkan

Krkan MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2012
    If I was you, I'd format everything and start from scratch.