Windows Loader: Unsupported Partition Table

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BioZeke, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BioZeke

BioZeke MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    Hello! I recently bought a new hard drive to install my copy of windows 7 ultimate on. Once I installed the OS, and ran the older loaders, I got an error message saying that a message was sent to the error log..of some sort. After downloading and installing the newest version, I cant even install the loader - it says Status: Unsupported partition table". Im assuming thats what's holding me up. How can I resolve this?

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    1. You shouldve posted in the right section ( Applications -> Windows Loader )
    2. You also shouldve read the read me before asking:)

Why did you try the older loaders and not 206 first?

3. waheed

waheed MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2011
    nice and affective guide

4. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Biozeke if you dont know something than ask around before you do something on your own.
    Dont take older stuff if newer are out

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BioZeke

BioZeke MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    I apologize for posting in the wrong section.

There was no readme in the file, I got it from the forums here, and it was the application only.

I was given an older crack, and they've worked fine for me up until just now.

Is there a link around here to the readme?

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    With windows loader there's always been a read me, atleast for a very long time.

7. BioZeke

BioZeke MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    Yes, I know, but the direct download link I got from one of Daz's posts last night was the .REN(exe) only. There was -no- readme in the file.

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #8 Daz, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    Q. The loaders status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?
    A. You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive.

##########################################################################
    #   4   -   UEFI motherboards
    ##########################################################################
    The loader doesn't work when the systems using GPT via UEFI. The workaround is to pre-format your hard drive so that it uses MBR instead.

From your BIOS select to boot the Windows DVD without UEFI, go to the repair options, select command prompt and then enter this:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=ntfs quick

Boot the Windows DVD the same way you did the first time and then continue with the installation of Windows. Once complete you can install the loader.
    So you either have an OEM partition that the loader can't gain write access to or you're using GPT via UEFI.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. BioZeke

BioZeke MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    #9 BioZeke, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    That's it! I did use the GPT via UEFI when I originally booted and installed windows. I suppose Ill just reinstall..again! Thank you very much. Was beginning to get concerned for those on here that just liked to accuse me of being ignorant rather than helping.

Thank you again, Daz.

10. NetworkPro

NetworkPro MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    Guys this error appears with 2.0.6 when the laptop has crazy system partitions and is MBR.

What can we do in this situation?

Thanks.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just do a full format with Active KillDisk or similar type of software, then do a fresh install ~ as instructed in the loader readme ;)

12. NetworkPro

NetworkPro MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    This is not the smartest thing to do. As the user has stuff installed on there.

How about this:

- verify if it really is MBR
    - If Windows partition is C - copy bootmgr to it and apply a bootloader to it (bootsect.exe) as well as make it active (diskpart)
    - delete crazy "recovery" partitions to be left with C and D
    - sort partition appearance in partition table with ??? tool

cross fingers and hope for Windows to boot and try to activate again :D

If someone is able to test and develop such a method - please do and post exact instructions.

Thanks.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Ok buddy... just backup the data & do a clean format ~ which is better?? Even Daz has recommended it :D

14. spaych

spaych MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2012
    hehe

just download "Windows Loader v1.9.3 - By Daz"

install and there you go all activated..as simple as that :D:D

and if you want to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, use "RemoveWat 2.2.6"

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Latest version is Windows Loader v2.1.2 and RemoveWat is not recommended at all.

16. mestredigital

mestredigital MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2012
    I have a 3TB hard disk and Windows can only use the full 3TB if the partition type is GPT.
    My drive had to be formated with MBR partition type in order to Loader works properly but now I have only a 2TB partition and 1TB that I cannot use. The Loader will continue to work even if I convert my partition to GPT? What do you guys think about it?

17. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It won't as the loader doesn't fully support GPT drives unfortunately. You're one of the few that are actually using a large drive so the loader may not be the best solution for you. Maybe a BIOS mod or you could try nononsence's program in the MDL projects section.

18. mikelimtw

mikelimtw MDL Novice

May 14, 2012
    Support for UEFI/GPT

Hi Daz, I'm not too comfortable with the idea of modding my BIOS. I just updated to a P8Z77-V Pro Asus motherboard and Ivy Bridge i5 processor. Everything would be fine except I got a 3TB WD drive - which in retrospect has been a big pain in the ass.

So, do you expect to support UEFI and GPT drives eventually? Drives are getting larger and 3TB and larger drives will become more common by the end of this year. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks!

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use this -> http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/29740-WindSLIC-UEFI-SLIC-injector

20. mikelimtw

mikelimtw MDL Novice

May 14, 2012
    Tito,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check this out and post in this thread if I have any issues.