Windows Media Player 12

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ra1d, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Ra1d

Ra1d MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Hello,I've downloaded and installed the Windows 7 Professional N(I didn't know it doesn't include the WMP,but now i do xD)

And right now I can't play any music,I'm using DiVx player to play my Videos,but i can't play mp3's on it xD

Is there a way to get that WMP 12 Player somehow ? (I managed to get the WMP 12 folder,but obviously it doesn't work,it needs to be installed correctly).

And if not is there a good Mp3 player that is compatible with Windows 7,I googled for winamp,but people report errors with it on Win 7. ?

I can still play my music on youtube,but can't always find the HQ versions.

2. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I'd recommend you reinstall using the regular version of Win7.

As for media players, I highly recommend MediaMonkey. It's an extremely sophisticated and scalable music manager and player.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ra1d

Ra1d MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Nah i don't want to reinstall xD

If i did,i'd do that already,I like this version,that's why i picked it,i had a win xp pro,now i have win 7 pro xD

And thanks for the Media Player Recommendation ;o

4. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    use VLC instead of WMP12

5. Ra1d

Ra1d MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    MediaMonkey won't play my music for some reason <_<

I press play it automatically stops o-o

6. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    VLC is the best (at least for me) i also like the N version btw.

7. Ra1d

Ra1d MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Yeah I'm using VLC now too,Media Monkey didn't work for some reason,thanks for the suggestions guys :)

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #9 HotCarl, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
    I use KMPlayer and VLC Media Player. Both are awesome media players. In my experience, KMP has the best compatibility with a wide variety of video & audio files...especially obscure formats that are seldom used. KMP plays damn near everything I have ever thrown at it. You can skin KMPlayer to look like Windows Media Player as well if you like...and it is free (as is VLC).

EDIT: Note that while KMPlayer works flawlessly on my Windows 7 system, some have reported issues (as they have with VLC) so try a couple to see which works the best for you... As with any software running on a new OS, the issues will be sorted out in future releases.