Windows Media Player and media rights

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Squareball, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Squareball

Squareball MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi All

New Poster, so hello to everyone!

I downloaded quite a few of my favourite songs some time last year but now all of a sudden I can't play them. I have never tried to copy them on to any other medium and only listen to them on my pc.

Recently Windows Media Player has been trying to obtain media rights then I get the message "The program cannot display the webpage." It looks like it was trying to connect to "relicensing.od2.com".

Please excuse my ignorance but what is happening here? Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a solution?

I don't download music all that often as I tend to buy albums of the artists I like but this allowed me to own some of the great singles and album tracks from albums that I would not normally buy. This is putting me off downloading music any time in the future as I feel I have been cheated!

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Squareball

2. Squareball

Squareball MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    Well not much help then! I am at the end of my tether on this and to say I am annoyed about it, is an understatement. :mad:

I have searched the net for "relicensing.od2.com" but you don't get much back. I was on a Nokia forum and someone mentioned that od2 had went bust! That figures as the website is no longer there.

I made the decision today just to delete all the songs effected, about twenty in total, thank God it wasn't more. I tend to buy CD's of the music I like, bit old fashioned I know but at least it belongs to you and as long as it is not nicked you have it for life.

Well once burned and all that, no more downloads for me. :(

What surprises me most is that no one had come across this? it must have affected more users than me, I expected lots of info to be out there!

Maybe that's why they went bust? I was the only one to download their music :biggrin:

3. stars1408

stars1408 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2011
    I have had exactly the same problem as you with about 30 - 40 songs affected. I have been searching everywhere as well but have found no solution so far unfortunately. I also was surprised how few people have been complaining about this as it is a real pain. I feel as if I've been ripped off actually.