Windows Multi-Version (7 and 8/8.1) Installer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by zak7, Nov 20, 2013.

1. zak7

zak7 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    I've seen many of these custom image creators, AIO makers, etc...but i saw a download for a superAIO, windows 7 and 8 (before 8.1) that had like 50 some odd image selections, now i know how to do the slipstreaming of the updates, IE11, all that, there are tutorials all over, but i havent seen a way to get both 7 and 8.1 (not 8 now) into a single installer image...is the process similiar or what applications would we need to use, I basically would like to get the updated 7 sp1 and 8.1 with the rollup into one image for a usb drive...

thanks in advance.

2. twistedmike

twistedmike MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    been wondering the same thing did a Google search and found and app called Yumi which can create a multiboot usb have not got around to testing yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 HALIKUS, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. zak7

zak7 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013

Wow you have such a great attitude, and gauging qualifying some one's worthiness, or by the looks of it, their ability to use your application and not need tech support on simply posts on this forum is kinda limited. Guess my PHP/Perl/C++ (both win32 and unix)/C#,java,and python coding abilities and over a decade i spent contributing to groups and in channels/forums/newsgroups/other places doesn't amount to anything with 1000+ posts on mdl....damn.

ugh..the internet these days.

on the other end of it, thanks for the mini-tutorial on how to do it the hard way, at least you didnt gloat and run off dry...:worthy:

5. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Yeah a little rough coming from someone who themselves only has about 347 posts. But I guess I see where he/she might be coming from. Getting mass spamming requests for the app if it does in fact include binaries that are not supposed to be redistributed on MDL by people whipping up random autoit sctipts. Not sure its all that cool to share part of the source and tell people that its a place to start. but then again thats just me.

~MC

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Anyone tried just using dism to combine the WIM files and using either the setup from 8.0/1 or 7 to install it? What about just having a RE environment to apply the wim and make the partitions manually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. zak7

zak7 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    Yea my thoughts too, but i mean, at least he sort of pointed some one else (hypothetically) in the right direction to do it themselves, maybe some one with a bit more community to them will do an app up and release it for others...If i had the time right now I would, but i'm swamped with a project at work and coding in my spare time along side a massive dev-job i'm doing at work would just be overwhelming...