Windows multipoint server, Gaming

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by kieran-_je, May 5, 2013.

1. kieran-_je

kieran-_je MDL Novice

May 5, 2013
    Hi All,

New to the forum, I've recently just built a gaming rig, however my and the partner are always fighting over playing on the PC, so decided to look into windows multipoint server to have two instances of a PC from one PC, i dont know much about the software in all honestly but looking to both play games at the same time, i understand I will need a secondary monitor and keyboard mouse. specs of the PC are as follows:

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 motherboard
    Intel i7 3770
    Nvidia GTX 560ti 2GB
    16GB RAM
    40GB SSD
    1TB HHD
    850W PSU
    Windows 8 pro 64bit

Can anyone help guide me into anything i need to do or prepare for? my GPU has 2 DVI outouts also..

Thanks in Advanced

Kieran

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  3. kieran-_je

kieran-_je MDL Novice

May 5, 2013
    Hi thanks for the reply,

not sure what you mean by it uses usb to split? my understanding is that i would be able to plug a secondary keyboard and mouse into one of the 8 usb ports i have and plug a secondary monitor into the second dvi port on my graphics card?

Regards

4. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You can play flash game without any problem.
    But for heavy games I think you can forget, because of incompatibility. I think you'll not have enough power for executing the multiple games same time.

You can test, just install & first check game's compatibility. If worked & try under multipoint.

5. kieran-_je

kieran-_je MDL Novice

May 5, 2013
    Im looking to play world of warcraft with my partner, I honestly think the specifications are good enough to run the game twice, i can have 4 windows of the game open and it runs no problem, im just concerned with the setup, i think ill install multipoint tonight and let you know how i get on

6. ntsimon

ntsimon MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013

.......softxpand duo......OKAY!??!?! okay.....alright then...