Windows not genuine message

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ProdigyJFC, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ProdigyJFC

ProdigyJFC MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2017
    Did a clean install but completely neglected my missing/worn out product key now I'm getting the not genuine message... Really don't wanna do a clean install again... Heard of the Daz Loader but cannot seem to locate... Can anyone assist... Thanks...

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #3 kaljukass, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    The number on the bottom of the product does not in any way related to activation, when you are talking to an OEM Windows 7. There is a number which allows the use of a DVD, which the manufacturer adds to the computer, if You buy it.Your product activation key is stored on the computer.If you installed Windows by using non-OEM installation package (used, for example, Retail Package), then of course it can not activate using Windows OEM activation data.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ProdigyJFC

ProdigyJFC MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2017
    Yup... Just saw it.. I guess anxiety a bit frustration got the better of me...
    Thanks a mill...

4. ProdigyJFC

ProdigyJFC MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2017
    Yea got that as well... Installed from downloaded ISO to new hard drive (the other failed lost everything)... Needed to get my laptop up and ready asap... Nevertheless thanks appreciate the support...

5. ProdigyJFC

ProdigyJFC MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2017
    #6 ProdigyJFC, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    (OP)
    Shucks can't seem to be able to download via qbitorrent... "Stalled"
    - Firewall off
    - Allowed qbittorrent access to network
    Sigh... Is there another safe download option?

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Only download the Windows loader from links shown here, or you'll end up with a snoot full of viruses. And don't forget to uncheck any downloaders on whatever download site it's hosted on.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Mirrors provided by me, see signature.