Windows on Mac activation

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Venik, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Venik

Venik MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Hello!

I have a new iMac (2009-2010) with last version of MacOS. I'm installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit via BootCamp successfully. So now I must activate it!

But... when I used DAZ activator (just pressed "install") and rebooted Mac, it just says: "Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line mode" (or smth like that).

*find this in some topic at this forum, it's similar to my situation, but if smbd need - I can take photo of error message and post it here

So now I must re-install Windows, but anyway - what's wrong? Why it doesn't activated? And how I can activate it? :worthy:

Thanks.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You can recover Windows without a format. Just take a peek at my signature :)

As for why it doesn't work is the HDD on your iMac 2TB or larger? If yes then it's a compatibility problem due to the way Mac's add the Windows partition. You're welcome to try a beta version of the loader which may fix it but I can't promise anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Venik

Venik MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Yep, I have 2TB HDD. That's a reason... =\

Beta version = 1.9.5 that linked it u'r signature?

And if it wouldn't help - may be you have suggestion about alternative way of activation?

4. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Beta version is 1.9.6. I will PM you with a download link :)

If it doesn't help I would suggest IR4. It's clean and will work pretty well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Sent. Just check your notifications.

Please report back if it works as I've no idea if the latest changes have had any effect for iMac owners.

6. Venik

Venik MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Recovered system and tried u'r beta-vesrion of program - it doesn't help. :(

May be, it's better to use IR4, but in Loader Help I read that I can format my HDD (only BOOTCAMP partition with Windows, as I understand, I'm right?) and allow Windows 7 to create 100mb partition only for boot. It would help me? And if "yes", how I can create this mini-partition for Win boot files?

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 Daz, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
    I think you could use the GParted live CD and create a 100MB NTFS partition towards the start of the HDD. I'm just not sure if this would effect Mac OS :g: If it didn't you could then use EasyBCD from Windows to relocate the BCD/bootmgr to the new partition and then the loader will work.

8. MC_RINGBEARER

MC_RINGBEARER MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2011
    Daz,
    Thanks for all you do. So if I read this thread correctly, if my HDD on my Mac is less than 2TB (it's 1TB), it should work as is (i.e. without all the partition 'magic' suggested by user Venik? I use to use WinClone to clone my Bootcamp and restore a 'clean' copy whenever my working copy of Bootcamp got too bogged down (even with Windows 7, sometime the best solution with Windows is to just start with a clean copy of Windows). However, WinClone is no longer supported with Windows 7 and I have yet to find a new reliable method of cloning and restoring a Bootcamp partition. Reinstalling Bootcamp each time I want to start 'fresh' of course has the issue of having to activate each time. Was thinking your loader might be the answer. Will hopefully wait for your reply before I delete the current Bootcamp and reinstall. BTW, last I checked, the MD5 and SHA1 values listed at the 'Official Windows 7 Repository" page didn't match the 1.9.5 or the 1.9.6 downloads.
    Thanks.

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #9 Daz, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    It's worth trying version 1.9.6 as that may work much better now :g:

I think the "Official Windows 7 Repository" thread only has the hashes to Windows 7. My thread has the hashes to the loader and the hashes are for the executable file :)

10. MC_RINGBEARER

MC_RINGBEARER MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2011
    I will give it try. And yes, I meant the hash numbers on your thread, but I assumed incorrectly they were for the downloaded zip file, not the exe inside. I get it now.

11. juuba

juuba MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2011
    Hi. My firs post:) I changed the computer and I did in the old machine Boot Camp imegen with Winclone, that was activated Hazar 1.6 version if I remember right...
    Now windows will not open on the new machine from the Boot Camp whit that image.
    That text window comes mee too"Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line mode"
    Is it any way to get that working some how?

I'd be really grateful for the help:worthy:

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Check your private messages. I replied to the one you sent me.

13. machacks

machacks MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2011
    #13 machacks, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    I scan over 1st few pages, so not sure if you found way yet. this works with WIndows 7 x64 SP1

You will be Genuine and use Microsoft Update feature if you need to.

HAL7600 v1.2

Im new to forum, so i can not post URl. Just google it...

14. dsmturbo

dsmturbo MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Do you know if this will activate Win 7 on an iMac with a 2TB drive?

15. greenythebeast

greenythebeast MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    windows loader works great for this!