Windows phone 8.1 antivirus

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by venioni, Jan 30, 2015.

1. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Today I received a strange phone calls on my Lumia 735 from an unknown number with no speak

just hung up the phone and internet explorer open automatic and a message say your phone effective with virus go on

google play store and download antivirus for scan your phone.Does anyone know tell me if infected my phone with virus?

What can i do after all that please help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    It's weird indeed, but the fact that it leads you to the play store (android) makes me believe that it's not really a virus. A virus would have to be explicitly written for windows so it won't guide you to the android store. I don't know if it's possible to send link with a phone call, but if it is then it might just be that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Is there any way to scan my lumia 735 for virus detect ?

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm afraid not, I don't fine an AV in the store. Do you perhaps have some app running in the background that does this?

5. anuseems

anuseems MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2008
    No AV required

As the whole OS operates in the sandbox mode there's no AV written for windows phone 8.1 yet.

6. anuseems

anuseems MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2008
    AV

Also there's no ad blocker and no network access program available in the market . I searched these 3 progs the moment I had 535.