Windows Phone 8

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Nawzil, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    #1 Nawzil, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Gahgah

Gahgah MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2011
    It's about time they get Backup & Restore done right.
    Other things on my wishlist:
    • VPN
    • RDP application
    • WHS integration
    • WMC integration
    • Extended website for configuring the phone and view phone contents
    • Take screenshots
    That would be great. But WP 7.5 is a great mobile OS already!

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It seems your threads are not very interesting....how about to write something made by your own.
    What about a own review of a phone / OS?

I'll restrict copy and paste articles in the future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    I said to him, he should create a thread Nawzil news and post there the news he wont to!

5. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    I am sorry. I will try to do that in the future.

Please don't restrict.

I told you Yen will not agree with this idea.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for your insight.
    Well don't get me wrong. I don't restrict them because it's w8 or Nokia. I do because they are simply copied from somewhere.
    But IMHO most of your threads are monologues. I guess most of the MDL members are not very interested in articles copied from somewhere.
    You like windows and Nokia.

I don't know if you own a recent Nokia device. Also beta of W8 will be available soon.

You know that I like Android. If I would have the time I would post my own made test, ideas, apps, modifications. How to's.......
    It would be far more interesting if you would write your own article with photos. Feel free whatever you want to use. Videos / photos about your own phone / your w8 beta and thoughts.

There you could write anything you like, what's good, how to do something....members then I am sure will contribute and you can discuss your own ideas.
    To make a own review where members can posts their thoughts..that would be more fun to you as well I am sure. :)
    MDL lives with self made stuff.

Think about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Even though I think Android may be better, I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 800 for this reasons:
    1. owned Nokia almost all my life (except for 2 Samsungs in 2000-03, 2 Sony in 2005-06).
    2. used Microsoft for all my PC needs.
    3. trust Nokia.
    4. consider Samsung to have the best Android devices but have had mixed experiences with Samsung's quality in India.
    5. found Nokia 800 to have the best looking hardware in my price range.
    6. have found WP7.5 Mango to be quite good with that tile looking interface (a change from the icon setup). OS is quite easy and looks good.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Such posts are useful, because you post your own experiences.
    Well Samsung is a huge company and they also make poor devices / quality. Samsung Jet phone was a bad one, also they have really good LED TV's, probably the best but also bad PC screens.
    Nokia's old phones had a poor display quality and their politics I don't like. They moved to east Europe to get cheap workers. Result: Their profit increased, the quality decreased.....finally they took money from the German government with the promise to stay, but they had fired all them and moved to Romania.

You see I always have a reason why I personally don't like a company.
    I prefer Android, because it's open source. It runs perfect on ARM CPU's, is very effective (have a look at the sizes of the apps and compare it to what they can perform, it's amazing, it's highly customizable.)

9. Windows4live

Windows4live MDL Addicted

Jan 31, 2011
    All Nawzil threads are immediately closed without a warning!

:roflmao:

10. NokiaFan

NokiaFan MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2011
    Oh What happen to Nawzil?
    Why is he banned?

11. briansmith

briansmith MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2011
    Here i found some quality post which is really helpful and beneficial for me. Thanks all...

12. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Don't worry, I am back.

You are most welcome.

13. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011