windows remote assistance

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by piercekalton, Jun 30, 2014.

1. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    this is driving me crazy. I figured out you can't have a blank password. but I still can't get EasyConnect to work.

I googled it and there seems like dozens of things can make it go wrong, does anyone have any experience with this?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you use the Search Function in Windows 8.1 and search for Windows Remote Assistance Easy Connect you'll get some bunch of HOW TOO's. Maybe that's a way to start with?!

Personally I never used Windows Remote Control, I use Remote Admin (RAdmin) for many years because that simply works all times and don't need any other services for it working!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    #5 piercekalton, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    (OP)
    it's absolutely awesome for helping family members, friends, or clients but a PITA to troubleshoot before you get connected.

some people charge big bucks for Remote Assistance because it is extremely efficient compared to regular phone support. if Microsoft is going to be letting me down like this I may have to go third party.

MS has good knowledge base articles and MSDN discussions if you can find them, problem is for good help from Microsoft you have to pay, and I can't blame them for that.

what I really need is a simple checklist for EasyConnect. I just don't understand why there's so many things that can be going wrong.

I mean I've been through every UI option. why on Earth would I need regedit or command line to get a basic feature to work? do I just need the right combination of UI options?

this is exactly what Gates used to yell at people about. everything is supposed to work unless you really want to change something.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. uday123

uday123 MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2014
    can two viewers connect to one server at a time the RAdmin?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's all up to you! I just explained what I use and why and that I wouldn't change. I also would strictly avoid apps which need 3. party connection and services like TeamViewer etc. because of security reasons!

Many of my customers, friends and people I know having a lot problems with Microsofts Remote Control and Assistance apps and were move to other apps because of that! If you like to get it to work, go ahead, is your time and your computer!