Windows repair loop and slow boot time on ssd

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Geveral, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Geveral

Geveral MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2017
    Hey guys, as the title says, my windows 10 just randomly started a repair loop which ends only by restoring it to a restore point, but even when it does boot after the restore, another reset or shut down causing randomly another loop, a few days after a restore, it will likely happen again...
    Tried every way I could find online to fix that, nothing seems to work, as nothing appears to be corrupted..

The second issue is a super slow boot time, before the loop problem appeared, the boot time was no longer than 30 seconds, now it takes a couple minute.

Would love to get some help on both the problems, have a great day.

2. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    Sounds like something got corrupted
    try a system file check
    from a command prompt run as administrator
    sfc /scannow

...T

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It could be a Memory Problem.

I would try the following: cleaning the contact feets of the Memory Module('s). Open the casing and take the RAM Modules out, use a soft Pencil Rubber for to clean the contact-feets and put the Modules back and start the machine. If you've more than 1 RAM Module, check each as a Single to see the computer starts.

If you've more than one HDD inside, have only the OS-HDD connected while testing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Check the event logs to know what is actually the cause of the problem.

5. oneLess

oneLess MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2013
    #5 oneLess, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    i had 2 times this problem
    both were defective ssds . only from one I retrieved some of data.

try to check the ssd health on other computer with [crystal disk info] or [hdtune] or [hdsentinel] or else
    if they are bad news save your data first

c