[DISCUSSION] Windows Repair Toolbox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.

1. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi Jari, thank you for your continued feedback. Sorry, i should have mentioned the entire path because there's more than one file with that same name. The file is not C:\Windows\setupact.log. It's: C:\Windows\Phanter\setupact.log

If you before had the BIOS/UEFI information displayed in WRT, and you don't have it now, the most probable is that the file has been deleted meanwhile by a third-party cleaning tool. I've been testing in others computers and it's working fine. That's the reason why in the release notes for the previous version I note that WRT would attempt to retrieve that information, because in some computers the file with the info is no longer there.

Thank you for your feedback.

2. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi everyone, I've just released version 1.9.0.0 . Here's what's changed:

- In the “Final Tests” tab, the “Service Pack” button, that opens System Properties, has been replaced with the “Win. Version” button, that opens Microsoft’s Version Reporter Applet. This one shows more complete information: Windows version, edition and build.

- Added an option to turn off the monitor that shows the amount of free space available in the system drive.

- When the “Clear Downloads” button fails to remove some file, it will now identify it in the error message that is displayed.

- While previously WRT would assume that C:\ is always the system partition, now it will detect and behave accordingly in those rare cases where the system is in a different partition.

- Fixed: If you want to, you can now rename Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe without Rkill killing the program during the Unattended Fix (this was already working for when you launched Rkill alone, but not when it was used within the unattended fix process).

- Improvements to the Unattended Fix process.

- Some other improvements and fixes.

As usual, any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thank you!

3. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all, I've just updated WRT to version 1.9.0.1. I've changed the "chkdsk" button in the first tab to "chkdsk c:".

I did this because if the portable version of WRT was executed from a pen drive, it would perform the check disk on that pen drive and not in the system drive, as intended (what was natural since that the command invoked was simply chkdsk, without any parameters).

Thank you.

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    The sole purpose of this post is to thank you for making this potentially invaluable tool available and encourage you to continue to perfect it.

I have not yet needed to use the tool, but it's highly comforting to know that it exists and I have made good note of where to find it.

5. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012

@host

:)

6. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Thank you for the heads up, maybe it was some temporary unavailability. It's now back online.

7. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #71 AlexCa, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Hi everyone, I've released version 1.9.0.3 of WRT:

- The internet connection monitor now returns the result of the test much more quickly (in the tests i did, this fixed the issue of WRT showing “not responding” for a several seconds when the internet gets disconnected).

8. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #72 AlexCa, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    edit

9. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I just got it from a different site.

10. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    @TONSCHUH
    Is it still inaccessible there from Australia? :/

11. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Yeah, unfortunately. I tried it with 2 different PC's with completely different setup's and had no luck so far.The MDL-Forum was today offline with the same time-out, but is working again.

12. Neighbor395

Neighbor395 MDL Novice

Apr 23, 2010
    Thank yo for this wonderful set of tools, It will come in handy if I ever need it.

13. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all, version 1.9.0.4 is now available:

- Improved the verification of program and definitions updates during the startup (made it more accurate and streamlined).

Under some circumstances WRT would believe that the server was accessible, when in fact it was not. That caused it to try to check updates at startup, when it shouldn't. And that could cause error messages, and i also suspect that it would sometimes make the program get stuck in the "Loading...please wait..." screen.

- Fixed an issue that when one button is clicked, another unrelated one got focus. Additionally, the TAB button now allows to navigate through the "Settings" tab buttons and checkboxes (regarding the checkboxes, they don't gain visible focus, and they can be check/unckecked using SPACE key).

- A few other internal improvements.

14. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Working again here in Australia.

Thanks a lot, whatever you did !

15. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Great! Thank you for letting me know.