[DISCUSSION] Windows Repair Toolbox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.

1. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  2. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all, I've just released version 1.9.0.6. It basically contains two fixes, and some improvements in the "Notes" tab.

Fixed:
    - If the "start_WRT_in_reduced_functionality_mode.bat" was right-clicked > "Run as Administrator", from some location that was not the system drive, it would return an error. This as been fixed, and now it will also work correctly in that scenario.

- WRT was able to run under a Standart User Account with UAC disabled, when it shouldn't. This would result in WRT being launched without administrative privileges, and consequently in several errors during it's use.

Added:
    - Added a proper "Save" button to the "Notes" tab. The previous one was a "Save as..." button and that would make it unpractical when one just wanted to quick save some annotations made to an already saved file . Now both "Save as..." and "Save" buttons are present in the "Notes" tab.

Besides, a previously kept file that you load in the "Notes" tab, will now be automatically saved every minute. This is in order to make sure that at least your most recent annotations are saved if something unexpected terminates the program.

3. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #83 AlexCa, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Hi all, I've just released version 1.9.0.7. Here's what's changed:

- The monitors will now run on their own separated threads.

- Before the beginning of the "Run Unattended", all tools previously downloaded by WRT used to be deleted.
    Now only those that are necessary to delete will be deleted - in order to shorten the preparation time, to save bandwidth, and to preserve the "Custom Tools" folder.

- If you’ve added custom tools to WRT, when clicking “Clear Downloads” in the settings tab you’ll now be asked if you also want to delete them as well or if you prefer to keep them.

- When executed as part of the "Run Unattended", Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, besides the high and moderate threat levels, will now also neutralize objects with low threat levels (changed the command line argument from -processlevel 2 to -processlevel 3).

- Fixed: when executed under WRT, SDIO wasn’t showing the initial welcome screen.

- Some other internal improvements and changes.

As always, your feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

4. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I'm unable again to reach your site and now even the in-app updates aren't working either.

PS: ... from Australia ...

:)

5. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi TONSCHUH, is it still unreachable from there?

6. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #87 AlexCa, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Thank you for letting me know. Can you access the website using your phone while connected to the same network as the computer?
    Can you try to disable the AV, clear browser cache, and try again? I've been receiving hits in my website from Australia, so maybe it's something related with the computer?

7. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #88 AlexCa, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    @TONSCHUH , I just had one user from Japan reporting the same problem you did, so I guess that's not from your computer. I'll try to know what's going on.

8. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #89 TONSCHUH, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Does work via mobile phone.

That's ok.

I just thought I let you know about it, because it didn't fix itself after a few day's.

It doesn't work on 2 different PC's, a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4.

They are all set up differently and 1 PC has pretty much only Windows 10 Pro x64 on it, because I will pull it apart soon.

9. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    @TONSCHUH , can you try to access again please?

10. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Working again, website and in-app updates, thanks a lot !

11. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Great, thanks a lot for reporting and testing!

12. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    You are welcome !

13. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  14. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #95 AlexCa, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Hi guys, I've released version 1.9.0.9.

I've just corrected a misspelled word in the instructions text of the "Custom Tools" tab.

Thank you.

15. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #96 AlexCa, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Hi all, I’ve released version 1.9.1.0 of WRT.

This version fixes an unhandled exception that would crash the program during its startup if the CPU wasn’t supported by the temperature monitor. A few other unhandled exceptions that might also occur during the startup were also handled. This problem affected versions 1.9.0.7 and higher.

Thanks to the user Scott T. for reporting the issue.

16. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all,

I've updated WRT to version 1.9.1.1:

- Fixed one circumstance that would cause Windows Repair Toolbox to hang in the initial loading screen for several minutes, in some machines. Thanks to the user Timster for reporting this issue and help troubleshooting, and to the user Greg for also help troubleshooting.

- Fixed: if the temperature monitor was disabled from the settings tab while the red indicator was active, that "red dot" would continue visible in the panel instead of disappearing.

- Added: When the temperature monitor is disabled from the settings or is unavailable, now the word "Unavailable" will appear in front of "TEMP:"

- Some other internal improvements.

As always, your feedback is welcome.
    Thank you!

17. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi all,

I've just released version 1.9.1.2 of WRT:

- Changed the memory monitor: it used to show the "% Committed Bytes in Use" and now it shows the "% Used".

- Corrected the label from the CPU monitor from "% use" to "% time".

- Fixed the spacing between the left side groupboxes in the "Settings" tab.

- Added informative tooltips also to the buttons in "Windows" groupbox.

- Updated Notepad++ from version 7.5 to version 7.5.1.

- Added the recommendation to disable the real-time AV to the messagebox that is shown when the "Run Unattended" button is clicked.

Thank you!

18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @AlexCa

Thanks for the update. New user here, how can I backup or export all downloaded programs to every new iteration of your program?

19. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi,

just copy the folders:
    ...\Windows_Repair_Toolbox\Downloads
    ...\Windows_Repair_Toolbox\custom

The second one is for the case that you've added customizations to the program (icon, title bar text, custom.xml file).