Windows Screen acting weird. Help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by soamz, May 3, 2012.

1. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Ok, I got this new PC few months ago. You can see the configuration in the attachment.

And see the youtube video, how the screen is acting.

youtube.com/watch?v=b5A9s2o4yk0

What can be the issue ?

This is not a LCD issue, since we tried changing the LCD already and the same effects show. :busted_red:

Attached Files:

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    u talking about the white spot, correct? or resolution looks a bit out of sync? hard for me to tell by watching the vid alone without your input.

3. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    No..
    The whole screen is showing fuzzy lines all through. Like a TV without enough signal works.

Can you see, the whole screen, white lines revolving all around ?

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    I will check the graphic card driver, that entails verifying it is the latest on the manufacture website. You can also delete it and let windows install if for ya? was the issue present since day one, or it did develop after?

5. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    How to delete graphic card driver and ask windows to download it again ?

It was fine until last week. Not sure, why it started acting this way.

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    just hit start / right click on my computer / and Manage
    Hit device Manager
    Scroll to
    Display adapter

Select your Graphic card, go to driver, uninstall, reboot

While you at it, tell us what you have as graphic card

7. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Ok uninstalled the graphics card and let the windows download it again.

Same problem.

Still the dazzling lines all around the LCD screen making it hard to work on the monitor.

What else can it be ?

8. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    what is your graphic card? go to the manufacture and download latest driver, check your cable connection or swap cables if you have another.

9. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    How do we know, what graphic card is installed ?

10. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Right click on desktop select Properties >> Settings >> Advanced >> Adapter or right click on desktop>> select graphic properties and you will see what type of graphics card the computer has.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Okay its Intel Graphics Driver Accelerator.

Whats next ?

12. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #12 PhaseDoubt, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Does the machine have a make and model? Or was it a home build? If it is a commercial PC, go to that maker's website and get the driver. If it's a home built you need to determine the make and model of the graphics card so you can go to its maker's website and get its latest driver. You already know it's a Intel, you just need to know what model.

From within the Computer Management panel, click on Device Manager and then expand Display Adapter. The information you need should be there.

Or if it is home built, call the person your got the computer from.

Edit:
    I watched your YouTube video. The vid's quality was too poor for me to see any problems.

13. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Can I simply replace the graphics card ?

14. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    u certainly can, however u need to know u r pc specifications and graphic card of course

15. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Not necessarily. If he's using a graphics card that's part of the mother board he likely can't simply replace it. But you're exactly correct if it's separate from the main board.

16. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Right on PHASE:D

17. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #17 sid_16, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    hbhb:
    You did what I usually do; forget about built-in. When I build a computer, I always install a separate video card even if the mobo has one built-in. Consequently, I forget about on-board graphics. :D

19. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Creatures of habits dude, so how is your system working out for ya man? I havent had a chance or the opportunity to build any system but I am sure it is a lot of fun, well at least when ishtis working as it supposed to :D

20. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I haven't built a complete system in about a year, most of my time with computers is taken up with upgrades, refurbishments and some repairs. But truthfully, even OEM components have gotten so good and so cheap it's not hardly worthwhile to build from scratch anymore. Home desktops seem to be on the way out and you can't easily custom build laptops so why bother?

The latest computer we have is a Toshiba Qosmio and it's been rock solid for months. Time was you needed to burn in a computer and stress the various components, but failures for me have been very rare for the last, oh, three or four years ... ever since XP SP3 came out.