Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ashish Bagaria, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Ashish Bagaria

Ashish Bagaria MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2021
    Hi

I have had to restore/reset my Windows 10 installation, at least 5 times in the last one year ! My laptop is a ThinkPad E14 with Windows 10 Pro.

I have BitDefender Gravityzone Endpoint security installed and suddenly notice that the taskbar icon has disappeared. On searching, I find it has been uninstalled. I immediately do to Windows Security to enable Virus Protection, but the Security page shows up blank!

Tried all options, including manually starting through Services, but could not get any security software to install or run. Ultimately had to do a System Restore or complete reset and then reinstall BitDefender Endpoint.

Ultimately found out that this problem occurs everytime a Windows Update is done, especially Security Update! This is not happening on any other PC of the company, where BitDefender Endpoint is installed. Even Windows Update stops working and shows error 0x80070424.

I have tried to search the net for a solution, but haven't been able to find any.

Please help! Thanks.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you contact their support, considering you mention it's a company pc, i would go that way.

3. Ashish Bagaria

Jun 10, 2021
    Our's is a small setup and I am the Director as well as IT Admin! :)

This problem is only with my Laptop, so you're the only 'support' I can approach!

4. Ashish Bagaria

Jun 10, 2021
    I first thought it was a BitDefender issues, but even Windows Security is getting removed. I have even tried not installing BitDefender after a clean reinstall of Windows. Still, after a few weeks, Windows Security gets removed after a Windows Security Update!

In the past one year, three times I have done a clean install of Windows using the Media Creation Tool. And have done a Repair/Restore/Reset, several times.

Could this problem be something to do with the ThinkPad E14? I know it's highly unlikely, but asking this because no other PC/Laptop in my organisation is having this issue, and they have the exact same installations.

5. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Then something you install on your laptop causes it. since you are the IT Admin you should know that question like "Could this problem be something to do with the ThinkPad E14?" is nonsense. it is not magic. it is not hardware related. some 3rd party tweak tool or any software can do that. since securty center is being removed and antivirus is being uninstalled i would suggest your system has some kind of malware in it and even after your fresh install it comes back because all the softwares you install are the same and also probably your backups are infected too? removing and uninstalling security center+any antivirus can be sone with couple of codes. you should have check your startup items, services, tasks. its probably there... u can use hibituninstaller and its tools to check anything.

6. Ashish Bagaria

Jun 10, 2021
    Having failed to detect the issue, I have now done a clean reinstall of Windows using the Media Creation Tool. Also did a thorough cleaning of all data, using Tron Script. Will not install BitDefender Endpoint for now and will wait and watch for the next 2-3 Windows Security Updates. Thank you for your time & efforts in assisting me.

7. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I suggest you download a fresh clean copy from here and try again, if your install it via USB use rufus software it will format the flash drive just in case the malware is in the usb drive.

8. Ashish Bagaria

Jun 10, 2021
    Download from where? Didn't get any link. Thanks for the suggestions, though have already gone through the pain of reinstalling everything. Before using, I did clean-up the USB quite well, using Minitool Partition Wizard. Hope that helps!

9. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    When i said download here i was talking about you going to the UUP dump and getting their, i see someone posted the link for you... good luck.

10. Ashish Bagaria

Jun 10, 2021
    Thanks mate.