Windows Server 2008 R2 Activator?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RamGuy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Hi,

This is the first time I've been in the need for a activator!
    Normally I've got a laptop with a valid operating system, and a server running an elevation copy of Windows Server.

With Windows Server 2008 there was no problem whatsoever, with a 60day activation period, allowing a whopping 240days of use before the trial period is over (with the use of rearm) I did never see any reason for not using it, nor buy it or using any kind of activation tool.

Even with ordinary operating system allowing 30days of evaluation period + 3x rearm, in other words 120days of use before I'm forced to re-install is more than enough for me, as I do re-install quite often.

It was a really sad surprise to me seeing the Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM for some reason only having a evaluation period of just ten days? Yes you got it right, 10 days! Must be the first time ever I have experienced a Windows Server operating system having a shorter evaluation period than it's desktop brother (Windows7). Why Microsoft have suddenly made this change I don't know, all I know is that 10 days of evaluation + rearm gives me 40days of use, which even for me is a bit too short.

This is why I wonder if there are any working activators for Server 2008 R2 out there? As Server 2008 R2 and Windows7 is basicly the same kernel and same operating system, just some added server features and benefits to Server 2008 R2, I suspect there shouldn't be much more different or harder to make an working activator for Server 2008 R2 than it is for Windows7?

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Not sure where you're getting 10 days from, but I have 9 days left on the one I installed on 22 July (the VL version)

Which version did you install? Post results of slmgr -dlv.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
  4. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Thanks for the evaluation keys.. Works like a charm now!