Windows Server 2012 R2 Connector Software

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Webdoc, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Webdoc

Webdoc MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    Hello

Installed Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials everything setup ok my website works and remote access works I can also remote desktop into it.

I can download the connector software from the server ok, I get a problem when running the connector software it finds the server by what I am assuming is it's mac address as this shows in the bottom section of the connector setup window, it then moves onto the user and password window I fill this in and a few seconds later another window pops up this window says the server is unavailable.

I have been using Windows Server 2012 Essentials previous to this and had no problems with the connector software at all.

Any ideas on the above problem please.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias MDL Junior Member

Jun 17, 2008
    What's your client OS? Will you be joining the Domain or are you skipping it? If you want to skip it you need to perform a registry amendment.

3. Webdoc

Webdoc MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    Hello

I will be using the domain option, the client OS is windows 8.1 Pro.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias MDL Junior Member

Jun 17, 2008
    I had a similar problem but I was skipping the domain and it was down to having installed the WSUS role on the server.

5. boss1921

boss1921 MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    I also had a similar issue, I was running a virtual machine on my server and for some reason workstation(s) were picking up the IP of the virtual machine (bridged network connection setting).

PS. also had WSUS installed but resolved the connector issue when I changed the IP of the primary server on the client machine(s).

G'luck!