Windows Server 2012 R2 crashing after installing update 1

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by sprtfan, Apr 23, 2014.

1. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Hi, I installed update 1 on my Windows Server 2012 R2 machine and it has crashed 9 times in the last 24 hours since installing the update. I'm getting this from the local server events.
    ID Severity Source
    41 Critical Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

I think this means it is turning off unexpectedly and has been happening every few hours since installing the update. Has anyone else had problems like this? Any recommendations on what I should do? Thanks

2. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Check the BSOD dump.....

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I done same update on few servers so far, with no side effects.
    I know it does not help you directly, sorry

sebus

4. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I was able find and open the .dmp files and they seemed to indicate the problem was with the malwarebytes that I had installed. I have removed it and will see if it was the actual cause of the problems. Thanks

5. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    The server has been stable for over 12 hours now and I was not coming close to being up that long before. Seems like the problem is fixed. Thanks for the help

6. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    It was not the enterprise version. It had just recently updated and had a much different look to it than it had in the past but I don't know much more than that. I really never should have installed it on a server but I had a copy and license and thought that it wouldn't hurt to have it installed. I guess I was wrong obviously.