Windows Server 2022 21h2 vs 22h2 differences / comparison?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Solarsails, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Solarsails

Solarsails MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi everyone,
    I'm always very hesitant to start a new thread for some reason but having spent the entire day, yesterday, literally, trying to find the answer to this question and feeling like I'm going to have a nose bleed as a result, I have to admit defeat and come here to find 'the answer'.

My question is: What is the difference between Windows Server 21h2 vs Windows Server 22h2?
    The only answer that I found is: "Maybe Azure Stack HCI version 22H2 (OS Build 20349)."

Its impossible for me to choose which one is most appropriate based on a coin toss. So not knowing which could someone point me in the right direction and perhaps, at the same time, supply the entire internet with a real answer? And while I'm at it which would you recommend for use as a "Virtualization Host"?

Its a shame but I probably could have saved myself a whole boatload of time by installing each one and then attempting to figure it out but at least I know that the odds are in my favor that I will get an answer that I can act upon.

As always thanks a ton.

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Azure Stack HCI is the only edition for version 22H2
    other editions are LTSC, they don't get annual feature updates