windows setup now says .dll file is missing and cannot continue???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by techcherry, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techcherry

techcherry MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2010
    Hi
    because I have been having problems with my beta version, I was advice here do do a clean set up, yesterday when I checked my download which then I burn to a dvd, it was working fine, but today when I put it it starts but then come a message saying the dll file or is corrupt or cannot be loaded, is ther anything I can do, because now the computer is shuting every couple of hours it is a bit of a problem do download the windows 7 again!
    Also I run vista before the win 7 , can I downgrade to xp, once I also download a xp ?
    Thanks...

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    try burning dvd at lower speed.

3. techcherry

techcherry MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2010
    The proble is that I deleted the original download with the iso file, because yesterday it was working fine, can I copy from the dvd I burn, but this tinme when I burn it again from the copy do it slower?
    But what I cannot understand it it why yesterday was fine when I checked the burn, is it there any chance if I keep trying it may work again?

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    did you just delete or do shift + delete if you just did delete you can restore it from trashcan. you could try copying the dvd and writing at slower speed it may work but i doubt it.

5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Does setting the date back to say January in the BIOS work with the RC timebomb ??

You can try it - probably won't work - but what have you lost if it doesn't - a few minutes ?

If it works you gain time to fix it.

I'd try searching for the deleted iso file - if in recycle bin simply restore it - if not try a "recover my files" type of software - failing that download new iso - I doubt you can recover a good iso from your DVD if the DVD you made is faulty.

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kmjamal

kmjamal MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    This could be because of the damage on the DVD or just clean the DVD ROM's lens. I prefer installing using USB pen drive its quite fast.