Windows Small Business Server 2008 shutdown 180days 38 4

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by 9overflow, Apr 26, 2014.

1. 9overflow

9overflow MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2014
    #1 9overflow, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hello to everyone,

I'm trying to solve a problem in a friend server.

i'm working on a Small Business Server 2008, it's a DC, NO sharepoint, NO Exchange (there is another software), NO DHCP (firewall do it), WINS and DNS enabled.

Some days agoo Server has shutdown and in event viewer i found this 2 errors:

38 and 4

Event ID 38:

"The Additional Server Count Check detected a condition in your environment that is out of compliance with the licensing policy. This server will be automatically shut down if the issue is not corrected in 68 day(s) 19 hour(s) 30 minute(s). Please look for additional events for Additional Server Count Check to troubleshoot."

Event ID 4:

"The Additional Server Count Check in the Licensing component did not pass because error 0x8007200a occurred in function f1031 [PFVK].
    The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.

I tried slmgr.vbs -dli and it's Licensed correctly.

So i ran dcdiag /q and i've seen many errors like this:

EventID: 0x0000168F

Deleting dynamic of the DNS record '_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.dominio.local. 600 IN SRV 0 100 88 server.dominio.local. 'failed on the following DNS server.

I ran dcdiag /fix but problem still remains.

In DNS Event Viewer i see notification id 4013

I really don't know how to fix this issue...
    Anyone have an idea?

I also thought to use, in the extreme case, -ream , like slmgr.vbs -rearm, but i don't know how many times i can rearm server.

DCPROMO log

Code:

Checking the installation binaries ActiveDirectoryDomainServicesin progress ...InstallingActiveDirectoryDomainServices

Validating environment and parameters in progress ...

Failed to create a delegation forthis DNS server because the authoritative parent zone can not be found orisnot running the Windows DNS server .If you are integrating with an existing DNS infrastructure , you should manually create a delegation for the DNS server in the parent zone to ensure reliable name resolution from outside the domain nameserver.local.Otherwise, you donot need to do anything.

----------------------------------------
    You will perform the following actions:
    Configure the server as the first domain controller in a newActiveDirectory forest.

The name of the new domain is nameserver.localand also corresponds to the name of the new forest.

TheNetBIOS name of the domain has nameservers

Level of functionality ... forest :WindowsServer2003

Level of functionality ... domain :WindowsServer2003

Site:Default-First-Site-Name

Additional options:

Read-only DomainController:No

GlobalCatalog: S ?

DNS server: S ?

Create DNS Delegation:No

Database folder : C: \ Windows \ ntds

Folder log file: C: \ Windows \ ntds

SYSVOL folder : C: \ Windows \ sysvol

The DNS Server service will come ... configured on this computer.

The computer will come ... configured to usethis DNS server as its preferred DNS server.

The password for the new domain administrator is the same as the local administrator password on this computer.
    ----------------------------------------

Starting...

Verification of the need ... to install the GroupPolicyManagementConsolein progress ...

PressCtrl+ C to :Cancel

Configuring the local computer to host ActiveDirectoryDomainServices

Create the directory partition CN =Schema, CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Items remaining :1585

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Items remaining :1250

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :966

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :739

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :535

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :367

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :204

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Items remaining :57

Create the directory partition CN =Configuration, DC = nameservers , DC =localin progress.Remaining objects :0

CreatingObjectsinActiveDirectoryDomainServices domain controller localActiveDirectory

Setting the LSA policy information

Setting the root of the DNS name of the computer to nameserver.local

Ongoing protection of machine \ software \ microsoft \ windows

Ongoing protection of machine \ system \ currentcontrolset \ control

Ongoing protection of machine \ system \ currentcontrolset \ control \ class

Ongoing protection of machine \ system \ currentcontrolset \ services

Protection under c: \ windows \ system32 \ spool

Operation on the domain controller completed.

Configuring the DNS Server service in the computer ...

InstallingActiveDirectoryDomainServices completed on this computer for the domain nameserver.local.

This domain controller is assigned to the ActiveDirectory site Default-First-Site-Name.Ô can manage the sites with the administration tool ActiveDirectorySitesandServices.

The domain controllers inWindowsServer2008 has a newdefault value , more - secure,for the "Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with Windows NT 4.0 ."The value prevents the "client "MicrosoftWindowsand non-Microsoft SMB use encryption algorithms vulnerable style sessions on NT 4.0 to establish secure channel with a domain controller running WindowsServer2008.Consequently, operations or applications that require a secure channel run by controller domain WindowsServer2008 may not work.

The platforms affected by the change are Windows NT 4.0, the "client"and non-Microsoft SMB NAS devices that donot support more - advanced encryption algorithms .There are also consequences for certain transactions in clients running versions of Windows prior to VistawithServicePack1, such as adding a domain made ​​dall'Utilit ... of Active Directory Migration Tool or Windows Deployment Services .

For more information , see the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at 942 564 
     Ô must restart your computer to complete the operation .
    Thank you and have a nice day

2. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    found this on google to try..

I had the same problem. But it was with a SBS2003 and a SBS2008 server mix.
    This mix is only a temporary setup as we are migrating from the SBS2003 to
    the SBS2008.
    Long story short is:- to stop the SBS2008 server from shutting itself down
    you need to make it so it cant see the other SBS server. To do this you need
    to either
    1/ Put them on separate networks (or same network with different IP
    range/subnet)
    2/ Stop and Disable to following 2 services: 'Computer Browser' & 'Remote
    procedure call (RPC) locator'. It is possible that only one of the two
    services needs to be stopped but you would need to test this.

Hope this helps

3. 9overflow

9overflow MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2014
    Thank you leebo

I tried to stop Both services in the past but nothing happened.