Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essential

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by J L, Apr 22, 2011.

1. J L

J L MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2008
    Hi,

I have started this thread to try and locate any OEM SLP keys for Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essential. Or any other methode to activated the system.

If anyone can locate any of the before mentioned keys, please post them here! Or discribe an other solution to activate.

Thanks to everybody how can help in advanced.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Rearm & wait. The keys will come soon (before your rearm runs out)

sebus

3. depzaimanly

depzaimanly MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, and Workgroup, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 iSCSI

Product Keys : No key is required for this product :biggrin:

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Read before posting! Essentials

sebus

5. ippytattoo

ippytattoo MDL Senior Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Anyone heard any information from OEM's that are going to be offering WSSE? I am setting up my server and wanted to Mod the bios for my MB with the correct SLIC 2.1 entries. Just trying to prep for the upcoming release of keys.:smilie1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, any SLIC 2.1+matching cert can do the job!!! U actually need the correct oem:slp key!!!

7. ippytattoo

Jul 17, 2008
    Yeah I know. I was more cuious if any OEM's had released any info as to if they would be offering this. I usually use the same SLIC info and cert as the key that is used in Win7. I know it isn't mandatory but it gives me a (probably false) feeling that I am at least trying to make it a little more difficult for MS to catch on to the "testing" of their activation tech.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Most likely it will be Dell or HP or maybe Fujitsu

sebus

9. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Chew works fine on it, just gotta adjust the timing on it so it don't chew yer CPU, pun intended.

10. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    @ippytattoo,
    Dell have them up for order, but I don't think they ship till the end of the month.
    I haven't seen anything from HP but as Sebus says they must be offering them.

@ReelFiles,
    This is the third or fourth time i've seen you promoting Chew.
    Have you got shares with them ??? :p

11. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    #11 ReelFiles, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    LOL, no, but I keep seeing people ask what works, and it works for me :)

Anybody getting repeated Dashboard warning messages that the "Windows Server Network Helper Service" is not running and that the Server restarted even though it didn't? Not sure if this is affecting anything, since I am still rebuilding my RAID10 array, but if it keeps it up I'll switch back to WHS2011.

12. Herrie82

Herrie82 MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    I re-armed mine and now it got about 25 days left again for activation :) So I guess I'll just have to patiently wait :)

I put it on my NAS and it performs quite well so far :)

13. ippytattoo

Jul 17, 2008
    I am sure eveyone is going to get tired of all the questions but... Does anyone know how many concurrent remote connections (i.e through personal website) WSSE supports? Is it like WHS and only allows 3 (2 RDP and 1 guest)? I have searched for what seems to be an eternity but all I can find is statements that it is "limited in the number of concurrent connections". When I get back to my house and get it setup I am going to test it and let everyone know but I just have not gotten there yet. I will be able to test it with 5 remote connections. Any info would be welcomed.

14. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Most likely it will be limited (you sure do not expect M$ to give you unlimited Terminal Services?).
    2 RDP would be what I would expect

sebus

15. ippytattoo

Jul 17, 2008
    #15 ippytattoo, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
    I was able to test connections last night and I was able to connect 5 PC's through the website (**********.remotewebaccess.com) and 2 through the dashboard. Maybe I will be able to get some of my family members to help test and see how many I can get all total. Would be interesting to see how many is possible. I wasn't able to test the streaming of media since I don't have anything on the server yet but that will be sometime before next weekend.

My server specs are:
    GA_870A-UD3
    Phenom II 1055T
    8GB DDR3-1333
    4x1TB RAID 10

16. venomhed

venomhed MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    25 Connections

I believe I read it is only 25 connections..... wish I remembered the link.

17. ippytattoo

Jul 17, 2008
    I was curious if anyone has played around with remote media streaming in this yet. I have tried but I am not having much luck. I assumed it would be the same as WHS 2011 (which I have not tested yet) but when trying to stream music or videos (AVI format) the files do not play. With music it pulls up the player but never plays the song, with the vids I get an error. If anyone has tested this and gotten it to work please let me know if it is a codec that needs to be installed or what I am doing wrong. Thankx.

18. gibbo592

gibbo592 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2010
    Still no keys ?

19. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011